Saturday, August 16, 2008

Payton's Baptism Day






On July 19, 2008 Payton was baptized. She was baptized with another girl, Anna from our ward. It worked out real well having the 2 girls baptized together because we just split everything down the middle. We did one prayer, talk, and piano playing and they did one prayer, talk, and led the music. We also each made a bunch of refreshments for after the baptism. We had a great turnout. We each had lots of family and lots of ward members attend. We did it in the Relief Society room, but were almost forced to do it in the chapel because of the turnout. We squeezed in about as many chairs as you can in that room. The one bumber of the event was that Jon's brother Thomas and his family had car trouble on the way to the baptism so they weren't able to make it. Payton asked Thomas to give the Baptism talk. Luckily, we have great people in our ward so Rich Harris pitched in with about 5 minutes notice, and did a great job. Thanks Rich. Other than that everything went over great. .

I am so happy with Payton's decision to be baptized. I am also thankful we have all of our extented family so close by to share this day with us. The furthest one away is my sister Cheri and her family they live just under 1 hour away.

1 comment:

Leanne said...

Congratulations to Payton! What a special day that must have been. I really wish we could be there for all of your kids baptisms.

I'm the new primary president now, so I get to attend all the Ward children's baptisms and welcome them. So far I've only done one, but I really enjoy being there.

One of these days maybe we can come down for one. I'd looove that.