Saturday, March 14, 2009

I'm a Steak N Shake VIP

Today (February 13), Steak N Shake was celebrating their 75th anniversary. All the Steak N Shakes in the metro Atlanta area were having awesome deals. If you were one of the first 75 people starting at 8:00 am they gave you a VIP guest card good for $8.50 worth of food and beverages to be used once a month for a year. They also had their single steak burgers for 10 cents from 8am-11 am (limit 2 burgers per person) then after that they were 75 cents. I think they have the 75 cent burgers going on for a month. We have a Steak N Shake less than 5 minutes from our house. My dad got in line early because as all of you know can't pass up anything free. My Mom and Morgan got there after dropping Taylor off to seminary. Christa and her daughter Eliza arrived shortly after they did. The only problem I had was I couldn't get there until shortly after 8 am because I had to take Talmage to school so I basically wrote it off in my mind because I thought surely they would already have their 75 people. I called my dad just before dropping Talmage off and he said they still had some cards left. So Hayden and I headed over their. Jon couldn't come because of all days he was meeting someone for breakfast. I guess in order to get your VIP card you had to dine in. So my family were saving us some seats so we didn't have to wait for a table. Hayden and I both got VIP cards and ate steak burgers, fries, and milkshakes for breakfast. It was all yummy. At our location, they had a popular radio station there. The gave Hayden and Eliza a free t shirt and The Oliver and Company DVD. They also had a plinko (Ya you know that game from Price is Right) game going on that us adults played. If you get your plinko chip in the same slot 3 times out of 5 you win a t shirt, hat, or bag. I think my dad was the only one that got the big prize. Us losers got either chap stick, key chain, or something else I don't remember. I got a key chain. I was in free heaven. Jon, Hayden, and I will be enjoying a free meal every month for a year while the other kiddos are in school.

Hayden and Eliza in their free t shirts

1 comment:

Leanne said...

Awesome! I loooove Steak N Shake! I just ate there at 2am with Rick on the way back from the Red Wings game. Plus I ate there last Saturday after our stake primary training meeting. Yummo. We don't have one here in Musk, but maybe soon.

I'd love to have a burger for breakfast! Mmm. What a fun thing to blog about. lol